Much like reading a newspaper in the morning, I spend a fair amount of time wandering the internet during part of most days. While it's not good to do in excess, and rarely justifiable to do so without aim, I realize there's something valuable in dedicating time to wander for interesting things. It's a bit like scheduling time for fun, worry, play, or time to muse over ideas without a particular objective.
Several friends and colleagues have remarked that I'm well attuned to finding timely ideas or opportunities, and here's why: I've tweaked several social networks for research purposes. I've come to a point in life where I no longer have an issue finding truly interesting things, rather I find too many, and I don't always need to actively search for them--they frequently appear.
That said, I'm returning to the pleasures of intentionally discovering information for specific research purposes, and I'm pleased to find a wealth of relevant information not yet explored on my part.
Several friends and colleagues have remarked that I'm well attuned to finding timely ideas or opportunities, and here's why: I've tweaked several social networks for research purposes. I've come to a point in life where I no longer have an issue finding truly interesting things, rather I find too many, and I don't always need to actively search for them--they frequently appear.
That said, I'm returning to the pleasures of intentionally discovering information for specific research purposes, and I'm pleased to find a wealth of relevant information not yet explored on my part.
No comments:
Post a Comment